if this blog encourages you, please leave a comment. it is helpful for me to know that this is benefitting you

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Desire

Isaiah 26:9

With my soul have I desired thee in the night; yea, with my spirit within me will I seek thee early: for when thy judgements are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness

The word desire here is the same word used in 1 Peter 2:2: As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby.

I can relate to this verse because: I have to feed calves at work... they desire the milk so much that they almost knock you over to get it... and when you are finished they don't want you to leave... they will keep following you just to get a little more milk.

This is the kind of desire Isaiah is saying he has... "God I cannot get enough of you" what is the result of this desire? growth.

No comments: