if this blog encourages you, please leave a comment. it is helpful for me to know that this is benefitting you

Friday, December 7, 2007

Armed with the Sword

I am trying to memorize Psalm 51:17 and 52:9
I thought I would share the verses before and after these verses to give a little background to these verses...

Psa. 51

15 O Lord, open thou my lips; and my mouth shall shew forth thy praise.
16 For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering.
17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.
18 Do good in thy good pleasure unto Zion: build thou the walls of Jerusalem.
19 Then shalt thou be pleased with the sacrifices of righteousness, with burnt offering and whole burnt offering: then shall they offer bullocks upon thine altar.


Psa 52

8 But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God: I trust in the mercy of God for ever and ever.
9 I will praise thee for ever, because thou hast done it: and I will wait on thy name; for it is good before thy saints.


Aren't these verses awesome?!?! I love them! esp 51:17... "God, when I recognize my insufficiency, and I realize how much I have to depend on you, you are able to accept my worship"


John

No comments: